Reports to the Engineering Manager. Coordinates activities with all departments, especially Engineering.
The CAD/CAM Engineer is responsible for reviewing customer supplied data and drawings, performing design rule
checks, creation of manufacturing programs, operational drawings and tooling drawings required for the manufacture of
Substrates, Packages, PCB’s and assemblies.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Import Customer data into various CAD or CAM systems.
- Review Customer documentation and electronic files and develop CAD drawings required for the manufacture
of the product.
- In collaboration with Engineering, determine design rules and edit data to comply with manufacturing
- Perform design rule checks and edit data to comply with manufacturing guidelines.
- Create array configurations, laser machining programs, test programs and panelization process views and output
data for production use.
- Work with process engineers to evaluate and provide strategy for advanced processing as needed.
- Itemize design issues and communicate then to the NPI Team.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Qualifications:
- Candidate has capacity to comply with the federally mandated requirements of U.S. export control laws.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work well with people is essential.
- Printed circuit board manufacturing knowledge is required.
- Expert level in AutoCad.
- Fluent use of Solid Works.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.