7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Provide technical support to process engineering and production personnel in all areas of manufacturing. Duties will include involvement in all aspects of production/materials support, process improvement, yield improvement, equipment preventive maintenance — as well as various engineering product and process related projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluate and troubleshoot production problems in multiple manufacturing areas. Be the first line of production contact and support including: equipment preventive maintenance, troubleshooting, electrical & mechanical evaluations, and non-conforming MRB activity.
- Support all continuous improvement activities including but not limited to Kaizen team actions, 5S coordination, mistake proofing, and value stream improvements to production flows.
- Perform experiments under limited guidance of a process engineer, including basic test plans, running experiments, data analysis and initial reporting.
- Support customer delivery commitments through continuing communication and problem resolution with production supervisor and production personnel.
- Provide necessary disposition of material (MRB) per standard procedures with process engineering oversight as required.
- Review drawings of parts and assemblies using CAD programs, including mechanical or electrical drawings.
- Work with other functions such as engineering and quality to keep technical information updated and accurate.
- Instruct and train production personnel on proper use of equipment and processes within standard procedures.
- Writing and maintenance of process and production procedures for assigned products and areas.
- Assist with cost reduction and other continuous improvement efforts.
- Interact with equipment manufacturer’s tech support to perform equipment upgrades, repairs, and/or retrofits.
- Comply with and support company policies and programs regarding safety, security, environmental, ISO, EEO, OSHA.
- Assist in the activities involved with the installation of new and removal of obsoleted equipment. These activities will include layout, facilities planning, and initial startup validations.
- Perform equipment programming tasks in support of the process engineering function.
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience with LEAN and Six Sigma programs and visual factory management techniques.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills, the ability to train others and work as a member of inter-disciplinary teams.
- Must have excellent PC skills, proficiency in the use of most Windows based software, both standalone software as well as equipment based. This includes, but is not limited to Word, AutoCAD, Excel, Project, and other standard programs.
- Strong attention to details & a strong ability to be an analytical thinker, very task oriented.
- Proficiency in data analysis and structured problem-solving.
- A self-starter with the ability to work without direct supervision and a sense of urgency to meet production goals and customer expectations.
- Excellent mechanical aptitude and/or Electrical troubleshooting skills for sophisticated automation
Education and Experience:
- Associate Degree; Electrical, Mechanical (chemical or material science) or Electro-mechanical engineering or equivalent technical or trade school
- 1-3 Years Relevant Experience preferably in the electronics, microelectronics, PCB or plating industries.