Innovative Technology, Versatile Products
Remtec is a leading provider of thin film, thick film, and direct bond copper substrates and packaging products for the electronics industry.
Our advanced ceramic packaging technology—Plated Copper Thick Film (PCTF®)—combines standard thick films with copper plating, advanced materials, and proprietary manufacturing processes to create innovative, cost-effective solutions for electronics applications involving high power, heavy circuit density, and rigorous environmental conditions.
From our US-based manufacturing facility, Remtec designs and fabricates a versatile range of metallized products utilizing PCTF® technology. From metallized ceramic substrates and chip carriers to hermetic and non-hermetic ceramic SMT packages and other specialty components, we can offer a solution not readily achievable with either conventional thin or thick films, or co‐fired ceramics.
Remtec is an ISO 9001:2015 certified, RoHS and ITAR compliant company. Our sales and applications engineering teams deliver rapid responsiveness, short lead-times, and problem-solving support to a diverse customer base.
Remtec serves a broad range of customers, including telecommunications, healthcare, military, avionics, space, and commercial industries. Typical applications include:
- Microwave circuitry
- Laser instrumentation systems
- Medical electronics
- RF power amplifiers and LNAs
- Optical switches
- Laser and photo diode submounts
- LEDs, sensors, and filters
- High‐density DC/DC converters
- Driver circuits
- Thermoelectric coolers
- Power assemblies, modules, and hybrids
- Flip chip carriers
Remtec Delivers High-Performance Metallized Products for Superior Results
Higher Current Carrying Capacity
Improved Thermal Management
Innovative Ceramic Packages
Remtec leads the industry in the design and fabrication of advanced metallized ceramic solutions for SMT attachment, including leadless hermetic and non-hermetic packages, flip chip carriers, and interposers.
Increased Circuit Density
Remtec’s PCTF® technology combines fine lines (50 µm) and thick copper plated “wires” to significantly increase the density of circuits contained within a miniaturized package.
Wider Frequency Range
Successfully field‐tested to frequencies up to mm range with low losses, Remtec’s metallized ceramic substrates can replace costly thin film circuits without sacrificing performance.
High Assembly Yield
Remtec’s metallized substrates, chip carriers and packages withstand multiple soldering operations, assure excellent solderability, exhibit no solder leaching, and are suitable for a wide range of interconnect techniques.
More Reliable Products
Remtec’s fully‐assembled metallized ceramic substrates are qualified to withstand the extreme environments required for space (Class H and K), military, and biomedical applications without the loss of adhesion, via integrity, and hermeticity.
In addition to our copper-plated metallization technology, Remtec offers other features such as plated through holes, solid plugged metal vias, castellations, and integrated, wide-range thick film resistors and multilayers.
Laser & Photodiode Submounts
High-performance, cost-effective submounts, accessory circuits, and spacers manufactured to exact specifications.
LED Substrates & Submounts
Metallized substrates and submounts deliver economical packaging solutions for the most demanding applications.
Leadless Hermetic & Non-Hermetic SMT Packages
Surface-mount technologies are a cost-effective alternative to standard TO-style packages for optoelectronics, offering optimal reliability and high-performance features, at a lower cost and faster time-to-market.
Leadless Ceramic SMT Substrates & Interposers
Substrates, chip carriers, and packages, designed and manufactured for direct mounting of components and multichip modules.
Low-Cost AgENIG Substrates
Innovative substrates provide RoHS compliance without expensive platinum and palladium films.
Metallized Ceramic Sensors
Superior protection for delicate sensor and detector components operating in harsh environmental conditions.
High-Density Thick Film Substrates
Thick film ceramic circuits are precision-engineered for cost versatility, reliable performance, and flexible design options.
DBC and AMB Substrates
DBC substrates feature excellent solderability, better thermal conductivity, and higher current capacity—at a lower cost.
Process + Plating Capabilities
Remtec also offers a broad range of custom manufacturing and metal plating services, engineered to your exact specifications.
- Thick film on alumina, aluminum nitride, beryllia, barium titanate, zirconia, quartz, and glass with automated magazine-to-magazine print and fire
- Direct-bond copper (DBC) on alumina, aluminum nitride and military-grade ceramic
- Active Metal Braze (AMB) on Silicon Nitride
- Single- and double-sided copper (from 0.001” to 0.016” thick)
- Complete engineering, design, and application support
- Prototype-to-volume production
- Rapid technical support response with fast turnaround
- Copper (electrolytic)
- Gold (electroless, immersion, and electrolytic)
- Nickel (electroless and electrolytic)
- Tin (electrolytic (acid))
- Gold-Tin alloy
- Selective deposit patterning
- Dry film
- Liquid photo imageable for high resolution
- LED-specific brilliant white
- High temperature
- Laser ablation
- Selective nickel barrier
Ceramic Cutting Options
- Laser machining contours
- Laser drilling
- Laser scribing
- Laser marking
- Diamond saw/dicing
- Zero Pullback® metallization
- Solid metal vias (copper, silver, or gold in both hermetic and non-hermetic styles)
- Plated through holes, bore coating, wraparounds, and castellations
- Stand-offs for SMT attachment
- Fine-line precision etching
- Integrated printed resistors in wide range
- High-speed, precision, automatic laser trim and test
- Lapping and polishing copper
- Pin and lead-off attachment
- Tape and reel packaging
Quality Assurance Inspection & Testing
- ISO 9001:2015-certified
- Based on selected methods from MIL-STD-883 and MIL-STD-750
- SPC implemented at critical process operations
- 100% inspection in critical applications
- Zero-based acceptance sampling in accordance with ANSI/ASQ Z1.4 procedures
- Broad testing capabilities: electrical, mechanical, adhesion, environmental, and functional
We’re Ready to Help You.
Please send your electronic files in DXF and/or DWG formats to firstname.lastname@example.org. Additional design guidelines are available upon request.