Direct Bond Copper Substrates
Proven, Cost-Effective Technology Gets Products to Market Faster.
Direct Bond Copper is a widely accepted and proven technology for DC power electronics products. By varying copper and ceramic thickness and ceramic type, our DBC substrates achieve a CTE value of the total system to avoid a CTE mismatch with different semiconductor devices.
Remtec’s state-of-the-art equipment and manufacturing processes allow us to deliver DBC substrates—from prototype up to medium-volume production runs—with a fast turnaround. We even offer a low-volume program for small orders other manufacturers won’t touch (see below).
- High-purity copper on ceramic provides superior levels of thermal conductivity, current capacity and heat dissipation.
- Optional dimple features significantly increase thermal cycling reliability by reducing thermally-induced stress.
- Versatile copper finish options ensure an excellent solderability, able to withstand multiple soldering and brazing operations from 180–800°C, without any degradation in product integrity and reliability.
- Ni-Au and Pd plating finishes enable a broad range of economical assembly techniques, including SMT soldering, low- and high-temperature die attach, Al and gold wire, and ribbon bonding.
- Our (DBC) Direct Bond Copper program is available for orders that may not meet the minimum requirements for a normal production run with other manufacturers.*
We’re Ready to Help You.
Please send your electronic files in DXF and/or DWG formats to firstname.lastname@example.org. Additional design guidelines are available upon request.