High-Density Thick Film Substrates
The Optimal Combination of Economy, Performance, and Reliability for Demanding Electronic Applications.
Remtec designs and manufactures cost-effective, high-performance thick film multilayer ceramic circuits in low, medium, and high volumes for military, avionics, space and industrial applications. Our substrate products include both traditional gold multilayer thick films with excellent wire bondability, solderability, and conductor adhesion, as well as lower-cost multilayer circuits utilizing silver interlayer conductors with higher conductivity (1-3 mΩ/sq).
- 6-8 conductor layers.
- Ground planes.
- Hermetic plugged vias and printed resistors on alumina, aluminum nitride and beryllia ceramics.
- Dielectrics for either gold or silver conductors ensure insulation to 1,000 V.
- Dielectric constant can be adjusted from 6–12.
- Overglaze protection for printed resistors in mΩ to GΩ range with tolerances of 1–10%.
- Optional Ni-Au plating enhances circuit reliability and provides high leach resistance (fully compatible with high-temperature, RoHS compliant SAC solders).
- Etched thick films with 0.002″ minimum line/space and ±0.00025” line/gap tolerance also available.
- State‐of‐the‐art manufacturing equipment and processes—including automated cassette‐to‐cassette screen printing and firing, high speed step‐and‐repeat laser trim, photolithography, and dicing—ensure superior levels of product integrity, reliability, and repeatability.
- Lot acceptance and test procedures strictly adhere to applicable requirements of MIL-STD-883, MIL-STD-202, MIL-PRF-38534, and detailed internal specifications.
We’re Ready to Help You.
Remtec’s team of technical experts will assist you with your metallized ceramic requirements. We provide a complete solution—from prototype design and fabrication to high volume production.
Please send your electronic files in DXF and/or DWG formats to firstname.lastname@example.org. Additional design guidelines are available upon request.