Laser + Photodiode Submounts
Meeting the Challenges of Demanding Optoelectronic Applications
- BeO and AIN ceramics using PCTF® metallization, with alumina-based materials available for applications with lower thermal requirements.
- Copper metallization with a unique Zero Pullback® from a burr‐free ceramic edge, which greatly enhances the performance characteristics of edge emitting diodes.
- PCTF® technology combines elements of thick and thin films with plated copper and nickel/gold finish for excellent and reliable adhesion.
- Fully-hermetic, metal-plugged vias in a ceramic substrate provide high thermal and electrical conductivity.
- Plated copper vias enable hermetic integral substrate packages with built‐in laser diode submounts and low DC resistance conductor traces.
- Economical gold‐tin finish option (72/28 to 80/20 composition, within a thickness range of 3 to 12 microns) ensures excellent die attach and void-free soldering.
- DBC (Direct Bond Copper) metallization option available for specialty applications.
- Low upfront tooling costs and rapid turnaround facilitates a faster time from prototype-to-production with lower engineering costs.
We’re Ready to Help You.
Remtec’s team of technical experts will assist you with your metallized ceramic requirements. We provide a complete solution—from prototype design and fabrication to high volume production.
Please send your electronic files in DXF and/or DWG formats to firstname.lastname@example.org. Additional design guidelines are available upon request.