Leadless Hermetic and Non-Hermetic SMT Packages
Cost-Effective Alternatives to Standard TO-Style Packages for the Photonics Industry
Our economical surface-mounted ceramic packages can be produced for a wide range of circuits and I/O configurations, all fully compatible with most JEDEC TO-style window caps, including TO-5, TO-8, TO-18, TO-39, TO-46, and more.
Hermetic applications include RF power amplifiers, MMIC modules, encoders, optical drivers, attenuators, filters, and transmit-receive modules for radar, satellite, military, and aerospace purposes.
Non-hermetic applications include APD preamplifiers, LED sensors for non-invasive medical testing, VCSEL laser diodes, optical data transfer systems, analytical instrumentation, and circuits for sensing and detecting optical and photonic signal processing.
- Alumina, AIN, and BeO ceramic construction using our proprietary Plated Copper on Thick Film (PCTF®) technology with PTV® hermetic plug vias and castellations.
- Customizable ceramic base for specific circuit patterns and number of I/O terminations (typical pitch is 1.25mm).
- Copper metallization, copper-plated solid plugged via holes, and PCTF wraparounds (castellations) suitable for RF signal transmission.
- Lids that can be either soldered to ensure hermeticity, or attached with epoxy and equipped with standard or narrow angle beam lenses.
- Operating frequencies up to 10 GHz and higher for high-speed signal applications.
- Compatibility with standard window lids used for TO-style packages, eliminating the need for through-hole mounting of the device on the printed-circuit board (PCB).
- Direct attachment of large ceramic packages and substrates to PCBs.
- Compliance with RoHS soldering requirements without any degradation in package integrity and reliability.
- Consistent dielectric properties, enhanced thermal management, and improved reliability.
- Optional large-panel multiple-array and multiple-up ceramic panel formats utilizing automatic pick-and-place equipment for additional cost savings.
- Low upfront tooling costs and rapid turnaround facilitate a faster time-to-market with lower engineering costs.
We’re Ready to Help You.
Remtec’s team of technical experts will assist you with your metallized ceramic requirements. We provide a complete solution—from prototype design and fabrication to high volume production.
Please send your electronic files in DXF and/or DWG formats to firstname.lastname@example.org. Additional design guidelines are available upon request.