LED Substrates and Submounts
Versatile Technologies Enable Cost-Effective LED Packaging Solutions
Applications include laser, photo diode, and LED submounts, optoelectronic circuits, spacers, power modules, RF power amplifiers, and TC modules.
- Alumina, AIN, Silicon Nitride and BeO ceramic construction using our proprietary Plated Copper on Thick/Thin Film (PCTF®) technology, or AgENIG® (Electroless Nickel and Immersion Gold over Silver) and DBC (Direct Bond Copper) plating.
- Tin, nickel and gold finish over bare copper allows utilization of various interconnect techniques: RoHS soldering, gold and aluminum wire bond, epoxy and high-temperature die attach, and flip chip bonding.
- Economical gold-tin plating option provides a protective cap layer that prevents oxidation and ensures void-free solder joints.
- Fine-line capability and narrow gaps (down to 50µm) make Remtec substrates ideal for mounting flip-chip and “bond pad down” GaN, GaAs, and other LED devices.
- High thermal conductivity ceramic materials and thick copper tracks with low resistivity provide excellent thermal management characteristics.
- Parts can be supplied individually in waffle packs, or in large, multiple-image formats for automatic assembly, which reduces product cost.
- Low upfront tooling costs and rapid turnaround facilitate a faster time-to-market with lower engineering costs.
We’re Ready to Help You.
Remtec’s team of technical experts will assist you with your metallized ceramic requirements. We provide a complete solution—from prototype design and fabrication to high volume production.
Please send your electronic files in DXF and/or DWG formats to email@example.com. Additional design guidelines are available upon request.